- Deutsch nicht verfügbar
‘Smart Villages’ is the current sub-theme of the broader ENRD thematic work on ‘Smart and Competitive Rural Areas’.
A Thematic Group (TG) is working on this topic between September 2017 and July 2019.
In its first year, the TG explored ideas and initiatives around revitalising rural services through digital and social innovation. It looked at how rural services – such as health, social services, education, energy, transport, retail – can be improved and made more sustainable through the deployment of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools and through community-led actions and projects.
In its second year, between September 2018 and July 2019, the TG will act as a sounding board for developing practical orientations for using all the policy tools available to help Smart Villages emerge and develop. At the same time, it will continue providing a platform for linking the various initiatives taking place, reflecting the growing momentum and interest in the topic at all levels.
The TG contributes to the EU Action for Smart Villages by enabling exchange on innovative ways of creating more vibrant, sustainable and attractive rural areas and by exploring how the Rural Development Programmes (RDPs), the EU's Cohesion policy and other financing instruments can be best used to support this.
Information on Thematic Group meetings and related thematic outputs will be uploaded here on a regular basis.
Visit the ENRD Smart Villages Portal and discover the many inspiring networks and initiatives across Europe.
Are you interested in receiving regular updates on the latest around ‘Smart Villages’? Please write to us at email@example.com to express your interest.
- Smart Villages: Revitalising Rural Services through Social and Digital Innovation (22 May 2018 – Brussels, Belgium) - see Seminar highlights
- 1st TG meeting 'Integrated strategic approaches to innovation in rural services' (26 October 2017) - see meeting highlights
- 2nd TG meeting 'Revitalising rural services through social innovation' (7 December 2017) - see meeting highlights
- 3rd TG meeting 'Revitalising rural services through digital innovation' (21 February 2018) - see meeting highlights
- 4th TG meeting 'Suggestions for the future direction of the ENRD Thematic Group' (12 June 2018) - see meeting highlights
- 5th TG meeting 'Designing Smart Village Strategies which empower local communities' (4 October 2018) - see meeting highlights
- 6th TG meeting 'Policy instruments supporting Smart Villages' (5 December 2018)