The 5th NRNs' Meeting (2014-2020) took place on 11-12 May 2016 in Amsterdam. The meeting focused on arts and culture initiatives aimed at stimulating rural development in Europe.
“In the transition to a sustainable future, we have to overcome the divides between agriculture and nature, the urban and the rural, the producers and the consumers. In other words, we have to overcome an ecological, a social and a cultural divide”. - Professor Erik Mathijs, Leuven University (keynote speaker)
The aim was to discover how to reconnect these worlds. The examples showcased during the event aimed to demonstrate how the approach and perspectives of cultural workers and artists can help to re-connect and communicate more effectively with rural stakeholders.
The 5th NRN meeting was organised in an integrated way with the Amsterdam Rural Forum (that took place on 12 May 2016). For presentations and other relevant information on the Amsterdam Rural Forum, please click here.
- Amsterdam Rural Forum - workshop programme
- Arts and culture in rural areas factsheet
- 5th NRNs Meeting Report
- The Dutch RDP and the role of culture in rural development in the Netherlands, Jan Hartholt, Dutch NRN
- Introduction to the meeting, Edina Ocsko and Ed Thorpe, ENRD Contact Point
- New ways of communicating and re-connecting to rural stakeholders, Sinikka Torssonen, Finnish NSU
- Interactive innovations under EIP-AGRI, Sirpa Karjalainen, DG AGRI
- Introduction to the workshop on the role of NRNs in Budapest, Margarida Ambar, EIP-AGRI Service Point