‘Mainstreaming the Bioeconomy’ is the current sub-theme of the broader ENRD thematic work on ‘Greening the Rural Economy’.
A Thematic Group (TG) will be working on this topic from September 2018 to July 2019. The overall objective is to encourage the development of sustainable bioeconomy value chains in rural areas in order to promote economic growth and employment whilst preserving eco-systems.
To this end, the TG will primarily:
- Explore national and regional bioeconomy strategies;
- Investigate existing relevant initiatives in EU Member States;
- Explore opportunities for the development of bio-based business models in rural areas and viable solutions to overcome existing barriers;
- Promote networking practitioners dealing with the topic;
- Formulate recommendations on how to support the development of sustainable bioeconomy under the EU’s Rural Development policy.
Information on Thematic Group meetings and related thematic outputs will be uploaded here on a regular basis.
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Thematic Group? Please express your interest here.
Thematic Group (TG)
- 1st TG meeting (9 October 2018)