The ENRD Contact Point organised a workshop on LEADER Cooperation on 14 June 2016 in Brussels, Belgium.
The event brought together Managing Authorities (MAs), National Rural Networks (NRNs), Local Action Groups (LAGs), and representatives of the European LEADER association for Rural Development (ELARD) and the European Commission.
The event drew on research findings and practical work from Member States and regions which are more advanced on the topic of LEADER Cooperation and explored the potential for their wider relevance and application.
Specifically, it looked at the ways in which MA and NRN initiatives can contribute to enhancing cooperation. The main points discussed included improving coordination and complementarity between Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) by harmonising processes, rules and tools, as well as building the capacity to support and undertake cooperation activities. Consideration was also given to working with other Funds and stakeholder groups.
The event concluded in reaching agreement on the formation of a stakeholder working group on LEADER Cooperation which will be supported by the ENRD Contact Point.
- LEADER Cooperation Fiche (draft)
- Transnational Cooperation Project Offer template
- LEADER Cooperation FAQs
- Introduction, John Grieve, ENRD CP
- Achieving added value of Cooperation, Stefan Kah, European Policies Research Centre, Strathclyde University
- State of Play – Cooperation in 2014-2020 RDPs, Peter Toth, ENRD CP
- Update on LAG Database & Partner Search Tool, Elena Maccioni, ENRD CP
- Anatomy of a TNC project, Kim Smedslund, LAG ‘EMO’
- FARNET approach and tools, Monica Veronesi Burch, FARNET Support Unit
- NRN support for Transnational Cooperation, Edina Ocsko, ENRD CP
- TNC Coordinators for CLLD in Sweden, Swedish Network Support Unit
- Italian Rural Network experiences, Giuseppe Gargano, Agricultural Research Council (CREA); Italian Network Support Unit
- TNC coordinators in Finnish LAGs, Juha-Matti Markkola, Finnish Network Support Unit
- Spanish Network Experiences, Lucia Martinez Garcia Denche, Spanish Network Support Unit
- A TNC Coordinators – a transferable practice?, Kim Smedslund, LAG EMO
- What the German NSU has done to support TNC, Anke Wehmayer, German Network Support Unit
- Working Group Specification, John Grieve, ENRD CP