This workshop, entitled ‘Putting simplification into practice’, discussed how LEADER implementation can be simplified in the current programming period as well as simplification priorities for the future.
Key themes for the current period included: harmonisation of LEADER delivery systems with LEADER principles; controls and sanctions; and improving delivery at the Local Action Group (LAG) level.
Considering simplification priorities for the future, participants discussed various aspects of:
- preparatory and technical support;
- multi-sectoral and integrated approaches;
- selection of Local Development Strategies and project approvals;
- possible solutions to ensure timely implementation of LEADER on the ground.
The workshop discussions were informed by emerging findings from the 2017 LAG survey carried out by the ENRD Contact Point (CP), the LEADER reflection group workshop organised by DG AGRI, and participants’ own examples and experiences.
The event gathered over 70 representatives of Local Action Groups, Managing Authorities, Paying Agencies, local authorities, National Rural Networks from 23 EU Member States, as well as the European Commission, ENRD CP and the European Fisheries Areas Network (FARNET).
- LAG survey 2017 – highlights, Susan Grieve and Peter Toth, ENRD CP
- ENRD LEADER workshop: putting simplification into practice, John Grieve, ENRD CP
- The Future of Food and Farming: Communication from the Commission on the new CAP approach, Guido Castellano, European Commission, DG AGRI
- LEADER reflection group – summary, John Grieve, ENRD CP