E.S.E.M.P.I.: Development Experiences for Excellent and Innovative Best Practice Methods
The project was developed from the desire to reward successful activities in rural areas, particularly those that have responded to sustainability characteristics, efficiency, and provide transferable solutions – those which best reflect EU2020: A sustainable, smart and inclusive Europe. An event was also organised in order to award and raise awareness of best practice.
& RDP Region(s)
The purpose of the event was to award and raise awareness of best practices. This was achieved by:
1. Development of a self-nomination template for beneficiaries;
2. Animation and information;
3. Collection and classification of stories in a database;
4. Analysis and assessment of the projects by a technical panel made up of 8 experts in the field of rural development;
5. Project selection, classified in 3 classes: smart growth, sustainable growth and inclusive growth;
6. Submission of the five finalists for each class to the whole RDN partnership;
7. Selection of 7 winners made by over 100 RDN stakeholders;
8. Provide a specific award for young people with a degree to benefit through 1 year spent on a farm or within a company;
9. Selection of 7 young people, skilled in rural development;
10. Apprenticeships in the companies and on the farms.
Italian National Rural Network, Good Practice Task Force.
More information about the project can be found at the following website: https://www.reterurale.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/IT/IDPagina/7080
2012 through 2013
€50 000 to €100 000
INEA (National Institute of Agricultural Economics)
Distribution & Promotion
The information was distributed through the Italian National Rural Network and the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
Assessment of effectiveness
No formal assessment has been undertaken. However after the end of their fellowship’s contract, 4 young graduates remained working in the farms/companies and got involved in other projects. This has been the main impact - young people being integrated into rural development work with real opportunities to remain engaged in rural areas.
Name of organisation
National Institute of Agricultural Economics (INEA)
Public Research Institute
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Name of contact person
INEA - Istituto Nazionale di Economia Agraria
Via Nomentana, 41
+47 856 416