Farm Yard Ales Microbrewery
Support from the rural development programme for England enabled an entrepreneur to upgrade his ales brewing business.
Steven Holmes has a keen passion for brewing ales. He lacked the adequate brewing facilities to brew his own ales on a large scale, wanting to use the water found on the family farm to create craft ales. The project activities included the construction of a purpose built brewery, installation of a brew plant and the purchase of casks in which to store and distribute the product.
- A wide range of ales are currently produced and as a result of the project, the business is aiming to;
- Create 5 full-time jobs over the next 3 years;
- Use the farms own malting barley crop for brewing;
- Use spent grain and hops as farmyard feed;
- Trade effluent to a local anaerobic digester to produce green energy.