Danish fruit wine for the world
The success story a hobby farmer with full time employment who created a world class dessert wine and now supplies Michelin restaurants both nationally and internationally.
This project is the success story of how a hobby farmer with full time employment elsewhere wanted to start a small-scale production of a world class dessert wine. With dedication and an including and inviting approach to other producers and a focus on knowledge sharing, the hobby farmer was able to create world class dessert wines and supplied Michelin restaurants both nationally and internationally.
This project supported the hobby farmer in expanding his production in order to meet the rapidly growing demand with the aim of building a growing, sustainable business and increasing exports.
- The farm’s capacity increased from a maximum of 25 000 bottles/year to 100 000-150 000 bottles per year.
- The yearly turnover is expected to increase from €335000 before the project to EUR 1.1 – 1.35 million euros per year.
- Increase the yearly result before taxes to approximately EUR 335 000 within four years from the end of the project.
- At the end of the project the farm had sold 10% of their production abroad, but exports are expected to amount to 50 % during 2017/2018.
- The farm expects to generate 1 000 additional day tourists within two years.