Adding value to the traditional local produce of Pomurje
The Kodila meat processing company used EAFRD funds to invest in new equipment in order to enhance the quality of its PDO ham and increase its production volumes.
The project financed the reconstruction of the Kodila meat processing company's production and sales facilities and the purchase of new equipment. A new building serving as a ripening depot and a shop was constructed. It was built using the traditional architecture style of the area using clay walls and a straw roof. The building also provided space for presentations and tastings. The existing processing premises were extended, renovated and modernised with new equipment for processing, internal transport, packaging, as well for computerised production and storage control.
• Increased production capacities 50%
• Total production and sales areas increased from 700 m2 to 2 300 m2.
• Number of staff increased from 20 to 35
• The expected annual income after five years was achieved in 2.5 years.
• Positive knock-on effects for local suppliers and regional tourism.