Community Led Local Development Halland is an non-profit association that works with the LEADER method, focusing mainly on local development and striving to make the Halland area richer in opportunities, people, initatives and growth.
Since the COVID-19 crisis appeared, the LAG has:
- Rearranged its (F)LAG-owned events into digital format;
- Revamped its initiative Crowdfunding Halland;
- Adapted to virtual meetings and arranged virtual meetings with project holders on how to act in these times;
- Started collecting and sharing information on public funding opportunities (at national and other levels) for local communities and entrepreneurs;
- Started a 'Status Analysis of rural Halland', asking 61 people who are somehow connected to the association how they are affected by the crisis. The LAG will use the report as a guideline for its activities and will be shared with other local actors;
- Prioritised its first Coronavirus-related project in Kungsbacka - a 'Staycation bus', inspired by another LAG project, 'Åkturen', in Varberg;
- Prioritised their first business support: the renovation of a fishing boat into a tourist boat and the development of a bakery on a farm.