The ENRD Evaluation Helpdesk is pleased to invite you to the Good Practice Workshop ‘Getting prepared for the ex ante evaluation of the CAP strategic plan’. This workshop will take place in Brussels on 21 March 2019 from 9:30 to 16:30.
Background: Member States have started the preparatory activities to set up the future CAP strategic plans. Evaluation plays an important role in this process: Evaluation findings and lessons of the current period feed into the programming process. Ex-ante evaluations are launched and run in parallel to the programming process and aim to improve the quality and the design of the CAP Strategic Plans. In this respect, various technical challenges are arising:
- How to practically interlink the ex-ante, programming and SEA process?
- How to transfer the evaluation findings and lessons from the current programming period to the future?
- How to tackle in the ex ante evaluation the uncertainties of the time-plan on the adoption of the legal proposals?
- How to appraise the single elements of the CAP Strategic Plans (SWOT, needs assessment, intervention logic etc.)?
Objectives: This Good Practice Workshop aims to:
- Provide a forum to discuss and learn lessons from the ex-ante evaluation experiences gained in the current programming period 2014 – 2020.
- Exchange good practices to capitalise on experience and evaluation results in preparation of next programming period.
- Identify challenges and needs for preparing the ex-ante evaluation of the CAP Strategic Plan and develop suggestions and advice to help MAs and evaluators in their ex-ante evaluation activities.
The target audience of this workshop includes Managing Authorities, officials involved in the programming and evaluation process, EC representatives, evaluators and other evaluation stakeholders.
Download the Agenda!