The ENRD Evaluation Helpdesk is pleased to invite you to the Good Practice Workshop, ‘Appraising intervention strategies under the CAP: experiences and outlook'. This workshop will take place in Rome , Italy on 15-16 October (13.30-17.00 and 9.30-13.30).
Member States are currently in the process of preparing their CAP Strategic Plans. The elaboration of the CAP Strategic Plan requires the design of the intervention strategy for each CAP Specific Objective, following a sound intervention logic, supported by the ex ante evaluation, the SWOT analysis and the assessment of needs. The proposed changes in the regulatory framework for Member States both provide a number of opportunities, but also challenges while appraising the intervention strategy. These include:
- How to link the intervention strategy to the assessment of needs and their prioritization?
- How to assess the contribution of the intervention strategy to the objectives?
- How to assess the internal and external coherence of the intervention strategy and the contribution of the expected outputs to results?
- How to appraise the consistency of the budgetary allocation with the objectives, taking into account also the potential use of financial instruments?
- How to assess the set-up of realistic target values for results and the suitability of milestones for the performance framework?
This Good Practice Workshop aims to:
- Provide a forum to discuss and learn lessons from the experiences of appraising the intervention logic and target setting, based on practical examples from the current programming period 2014 – 2020.
- Exchange on key principles for the appraisal of the intervention strategy based on practical examples from the preparation of the CAP Strategic Plans 2021-2027.
- Identify challenges and needs for the appraisal of the intervention strategy of the CAP Strategic Plan and develop suggestions to help Managing Authorities and evaluators in their ex ante evaluation activities.
The target audience of this workshop includes Managing Authorities, officials involved in programming and the evaluation process, EC representatives, evaluators and other evaluation stakeholders.
The agenda, information on the venue and registration link will be sent out in September 2019.