DESIRA Virtual Stall
DESIRA - Digitisation: Economic and Social Impacts in Rural Areas
DESIRAble Digital Futures by 2040 - How can digitalisation shape the future of rural areas? DESIRA's contribution to the 'Long-Term Vision for Rural Areas' highlights how digital technologies can provide support in building desirable futures.
It outlines current concerns, threats, benefits, opportunities and lessons learned around the application of key digital tools under certain agricultural, forestry and rural scenarios.
More than 50 actors from the Rural Digitalisation Forum participated in the process. We have collected their recommendations to support a sustainable digital transformation using mechanisms allowing rural actors to seize the opportunities of digitalisation.
We have also analysed 50 digital tools or projects that can potentially act as game-changers in those scenarios.
Do you want to know how digitalisation can shape the future of agriculture, forestry and rural areas? Come and visit our stall to discover the seven guiding principles that will ensure a sustainable and desirable digital future!
Socio-economic sustainability indicators (SESI) for measuring the impacts of digitalisation in rural area (Kirsten Gaber)
- Key Digital Game Changers shaping the future of agriculture in 2040
- Key Digital Game Changers shaping the future of forestry in 2040
- Key Digital Game Changers shaping the future of rural areas in 2040
- Experts' recommendations to boost sustainable digitalisation of agriculture, forestry and rural areas by 2040
- Article: Digital Game Changers shaping the future of Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Areas in 2040
- Practice Abstracts on digital game changers in agriculture, forestry and rural areas:
- DESIRA conceptual briefings
- Rural Digitalisation Forum
- Rural Digitalisation Forum community on Facebook: