The second meeting of the EU Rural Networks’ Steering Group (SG) took place in Brussels on 12 June 2015.
The SG discussed the activities of the two European rural networks (ENRD & EIP-AGRI) around the ten priority themes identified by previous governance meetings.
The meeting helped to fine-tune the priority themes and the best approaches for working on these topics. SG members also heard updates and reflected on the work of the Assembly Sub-groups.
This meeting paves the way for future SG work, where the focus will shift from discussing themes to more practical involvement in the work of the European rural networks.
- Subgroup on Innovation for agricultural productivity and sustainability, Dr. Jan Willem van der Schans (Short Food Supply Chains, LEI Wageningen UR)
- Feedback from the first LEADER/CLLD Subgroup meeting, Radim Srsen (European LEADER Association for Rural Development, ELARD)
- Highlights of ENRD activities, Paul Soto (ENRD CP)
- Progressing the priority themes - options for 2015, Michael Gregory (ENRD CP)
- NRN Self-assessment: outcomes of the 2nd NRN meeting in Latvia, Edina Ocsko (ENRD CP)
- Civil Dialogue on Rural Development, Peter Pascher (COPA-COGECA)
- Next Steps & Events, Markus Holzer (DG AGRI)