The third meeting of the European Rural Networks’ Steering Group (SG) took place in Brussels on 20 October 2015.
The SG discussed the priorities of the two networks (ENRD and EIP-AGRI) for 2015-2016. This included exchange on what the main stakeholder groups are already doing on the themes of: Smart and Competitive Rural Areas; Greening the Rural Economy; Capacity Building for LEADER/CLLD; and Simpler Programme Implementation.
The SG also prepared the forthcoming Rural Networks’ Assembly (26 November 2015) by identifying key issues and approaches for the Assembly workshops on the networks' priority activities for 2016.
- ENRD Contact Point priorities, Paul Soto, ENRD CP
- Evaluation Helpdesk priorities, Hannes Wimmer, Evaluation Helpdesk
- EIP-AGRI Service Point state of play and priorities, Sergiu Didicescu, EIP-AGRI SP
- Report from the LEADER/CLLD conference “Strengthening Local Development through Cooperation”, Stephen Jackson, Wales Rural Network
- Activating the Rural Networks’ priorities: discussion questions
- Preparation of the Rural Networks’ Assembly: priorities for 2016, Matthias Langemeyer, DG AGRI
- Preparation of the Rural Networks’ Assembly: objectives and agenda, Paul Soto, ENRD CP
- How to show that we deliver: EU networks’ assessment, John Grieve (ENRD CP), Katarzyna Laskowska (Polish Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development), Hannes Wimmer (Evaluation Helpdesk)
- European Parliament Intergroups dealing with the development of rural areas, Clemens v. Doderer, CEPF
- RUMRA Intergroup ‘Rural, Montainous and remote areas’, Gérard Peltre, R.E.D.
- Upcoming events, Matthias Langemeyer, DG AGRI