Rural Inspiration Awards (RIA) 2021: Our Rural Future
- Español no disponible
Successful stories can inspire more people to replicate similar initiatives elsewhere and unlock the potential of the EAFRD to help rural areas meet the wide range of economic, environmental and social challenges of the 21st century. For this to happen, though, key information about the projects has to be collected and effectively shared.
The theme of this year Rural Inspiration Awards (RIA) 2021 is 'Our Rural Future' in line with the Long-Term Vision for Rural Areas developed by the European Commission. This initiative will set out a vision for the future of rural areas by 2040 and gather views covering challenges such as demographic change, connectivity, low income levels and limited access to services.
Purpose of the competition
- To increase the visibility of rural development policy and the EAFRD's contribution to the Long Term Vision for Rural Areas.
- To promote knowledge exchange and networking among rural development stakeholders.
- To assist the common work of NRNs and the ENRD, in particular in the following tasks:
- the collection of examples of projects at national level;
- promoting their sharing at European level via the ENRD;
- facilitating thematic and analytical exchanges.
To contribute to the work of ENRD's Thematic Group on the Long Term Vision for Rural Areas, organised by the ENRD CP for 2020-2021.
Thematic categories linked to the Long Term Rural Vision
- All projects must be 2014-2020 EAFRD-funded.
- None of the previous shortlisted RIA finalists from 2019 or 2020 may be re-submitted.
- Projects may be on-going or finalised. If on-going, their implementation should be well-advanced.
- The projects must be submitted by the NSU/NRN.
- One NSU can submit in total up to 8 projects. Each NSU can submit entries across the four categories and is responsible for nominating the projects to the most appropriate category.
- The templates must be submitted in English.
- The final project entry as edited will be no more than 1500 words in total, with a maximum of three images per entry.
The submission period closed on 18 January 2021. More information on the Rural Inspiration Awards 2021 timeline here