ENRD Workshop: 'the Vibrant Rural North'
This ENRD workshop - co-organised by the ENRD Contact Point and the Estonian, Swedish and Finnish Rural Network Support Units - exchanged on the national application of their respective Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) around specific topics and their related networking activities.
The event featured presentations on challenges and opportunities affecting rural areas such as climate change and technological advances. On this basis, participants constructed different visions for the future of northern rural areas, specifically around the topics of Smart Villages, tourism, entrepreneurship and urban-rural connections.
- Saaremaa LAG – NGO West-Estonian Islands Partnership, Ivar Ansper, LAG Saarte Koostöökogu
- An overview of local development projects in the Saaremaa fisheries area, Hille Tänak-Helde, FLAG Saarte Kalandus
- Tourism on Saaremaa, Kristina Mägi, Visit Saaremaa
- Video message from Michael Gregory, ENRD CP
- ENRD Contact Point activities, Veronika Korcekova, ENRD CP
- Estonian Rural Development Programme – successes so far, Merle Saaliste, Estonian Ministry of Rural Affairs
- Finnish Rural Development Programme – current topics, Teemu Hauhia, Finnish Rural Network
- Swedish Rural Development Programme, Maria Ahlsved, Swedish Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation and Andreas Mattisson, Board of Agriculture
- Rural Future Scenarios, Hilkka Vihinen, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Climate change effects on the rural north, Evelin Loit, Estonian University of Life Sciences
- Temperature anomalies arranged by country from 1900 - 2016, Evelin Loit, Estonian University of Life Sciences
- Metsküla Village Society, Arli Toompuu, Metsküla Village
- How to involve young people?, Anu Suotula, LAG Keskipiste
- Smart Villages in Finland, Lauri Hyttinen, Finnish Rural Network
- ROBUST project, Hilkka Vihinen, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Ideal Village, Anneli Kana, Estonian Rural Tourism
- ETNA microcredit, Sirje Vällmann, Enterprising Women in Estonia
- Village entrepreneurship – Going global?, Thomas Norrby, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Estonian Rural Tourism, Raili Mengel, Estonian Rural Tourism Organisation
- Show me where the money is in the contryside!, Leif Öster, Nature Tourism in Sweden
Last modified by Roxana VILCU on Sun, 08/07/2018 - 18:56