The application of simplified cost options (SCOs) is one of the ways to improve and simplify the implementation of Rural Development Programmes and LEADER local development strategies.
This workshop brought together 70 participants from the European Commission (EC), and Managing Authorities, Paying Agencies, National Rural Networks and LEADER action groups from 20 EU Member States.
Various EC perspectives on the application and audit of SCOs, as well as experiences with practical SCO applications from three EU Member States were presented and discussed. Participants also discussed the main stages of a 'roadmap' for introducing an SCO – from recognising and mapping the relevant needs through developing calculation methodologies, consultations, and testing to its successful application.
- Introduction to the day, Peter Toth, ENRD CP
- Simplified Cost Options - basics, Michael Grosse, DG EMPL
- An overview of the use of SCOs in EAFRD, Marina Hadjiyanni, DG AGRI
- SCO from the audit perspective, Snejana Koleva, DG AGRI
- Good (and not so good) SCO practices & lessons learned, Michael Grosse, DG EMPL
- Simplified cost options in LEADER 2014 - 2020, Andreas Grieß, Ministry of Environment and Agriculture, Saxon State, Germany
- SCOs in the Austrian RDP 2014-2020 status quo, experience and future, Julian Gschnell (Federal Ministry of Sustainability & Tourism) and Stefan Niedermoser (LAG regio³ & LAG network), Austria
- SCO in RDP in Finland: Experiences on implementing the lump sum cost option, Kati Vaissalo (Finnish Food Authority) and Maija Rintamaki (LAG Yhyres), Finland