DG AGRI and the ENRD Contact Point jointly organised a workshop titled 'Financing opportunities for projects in agriculture and rural areas - the Investment Plan for Europe' on 23 February 2016 in Brussels.
The workshop focused on core elements of the 'Investment Plan for Europe': the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI), the European Investment Advisory Hub (EIAH) and the European Investment Project Portal (EIPP).
These three tools offer interesting opportunities to boost competitiveness, growth and jobs in the agricultural sector and the rural areas.
The event presented and discussed:
- how the EFSI works in practice,
- what the EFSI can be used for,
- how to access the EFSI.
There will be contributions from: the European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Phil Hogan; Representatives of the European Investment Bank; European Commission experts; National Promotional Banks; and EFSI project promotors among others.
The workshop was aimed at EAFRD Managing Authorities, National Rural Networks, European Innovation Partnership (EIP AGRI) stakeholders, National Promotional Banks and other guarantee banks, Agricultural banks, including cooperative and rural banks, and other credit institutions, stakeholders represented in the Civil Dialogue Groups, as well as at corporates and sectoral organisations.
If you have questions on this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports and summaries
- Speech by Phil Hogan, European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development
- The Investment Plan for Europe – boosting the real economy, Alessandro Carano, DG ECFIN, EU Commission
- The European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) and the European Investment Advisory Hub (EIAH) - Drivers for the real economy, Eberhard Boemcke, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- The potential of the EFSI for rural areas and the agri-business sector, Gregorio Davila-Diaz, DG AGRI, EU Commission
- ESI Funds and EFSI – ensuring coordination, synergies and complementarities, Stefan Appel, DG REGIO, EU Commission
- Launch of the European Investment Project Portal (EIPP) – How will it work?, Vassil Georgiev, DG ECFIN, EU Commission
EFSI Projects – First lessons learnt: Presentation of project examples from the SME Window and the I&I Window
- Agri-guarantee scheme, Siegfried Pöpperl, Bürgschaftsbank NRW GmbH, Germany
- How to get an interesting green project in a rural area financed, Lis Petersen, ENVO Group, A/S, Denmark
- Selection and approval of EFSI projects – the project cycle, Eva Krampe, European Investment Bank (EIB); Florentine Hopmeier, DG ECFIN, EU Commission