DG AGRI and the ENRD Contact Point jointly organised a workshop titled ‘EFSI: Achieving complementarity with the EAFRD and setting up investment platforms’ in Brussels on 19th April 2016.
The workshop aimed to enable relevant stakeholders to make full use of the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI). It focused on how to effectively apply for support under the EFSI, explore concepts of creative project opportunities and provide practical answers to stakeholders’ questions and concerns. Finally, the event provided opportunities for establishing links between project partners and key experts in EFSI implementation.
Specifically, the event explored in detail:
- practical steps to setting up investment platforms supported under the EFSI, and
- concrete opportunities for linking the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) to the EFSI.
The event gathered potential project promoters, investors, EAFRD Managing Authorities, promotional banks and other financial institutes, as well as at corporates and sectoral organisations and their members.
The event built on a recent ENRD workshop on EFSI which provided a general overview of the core elements and tools of the ‘Investment Plan for Europe’.
If you have any questions related to the event, please contact us via email@example.com.
- Presentation of the EFSI by the European Investment Bank
- Brochure on complementarities between the EFSI and the European Structural and Investment Funds
- Rules applicable to operations with Investment Platforms and National Promotional Banks or Institutions
- Article 5 of EU Rural Review No 21 ‘The European Fund for Strategic Investments: potential for rural areas’
- ‘It’s the (real) economy, stupid!’ article on the EFSI by DG AGRI
Reports and summaries
- EFSI-AGRI-NEWS (event highlights, practical information, FAQs)
- FAQs: EFSI, Investment platforms and EFSI-EAFRD complementarities
- EFSI-EAFRD Complementarity - a chance for increasing effectiveness and efficiency, Gregorio Davila Diaz, DG AGRI, EU Commission
- Investment platforms - a flexible instrumental vehicle for pooling resources, DG AGRI, EU Commission
- EFSI State of play and role of National Promotional Banks, Luciana Tomozei, EIB
- Designing and setting up investment platforms in practice - Examination of examples in the following fields: