This workshop under the heading ‘NRNs Going Local’ explored how the National Rural Networks (NRNs) approach regional and local networking to reach out to stakeholders more effectively. It built on previous ENRD activities related to regionalised networks.
The event discussed the outcomes of ENRD-led analytical work on regional and local networking, including an EU-wide survey and in-depth analysis of selected countries with different regional models (Belgium, France, Italy, Poland, Romania and Slovakia).
In addition, regional representatives from Wallonia and Flanders (Belgium), Podlaskie (Poland), Brittany (France) and the Slovakian NRN regional antennae presented their experiences with outreaching to local stakeholders. Participants further identified good practice of regional networking across the seven NRN tasks in the 2014-2020 period, the main challenges and potential solutions.
- Introduction to the day, Gaya Ducceschi, ENRD CP
- Cooperation in Belgium Flanders-Wallonia, Ariane Van Den Steen, Flemish NRN and Xavier Delmon, Walloon NRN
- Results of the analytical work on local and regional networking, Veronika Korcekova and Anna Parizan, ENRD CP External Experts
- Polish Example from the Podlaskie Region, Kasia Panfil, ENRD CP and Marcin Muszyc, Polish NRN
- Regional Antennae Mode from Slovakia, Simona Radecka, Slovakian NRN