This ENRD Seminar – under the heading 'Supporting the sustainable management of water and soils through the Rural Development Programmes' – discussed enabling factors and bottlenecks in the implementation of relevant RDP Measures.
The event brought together a wide range of rural development stakeholders – including RDP Managing Authorities, Paying Agencies, practitioners and policy-makers – from across Europe to present, discuss and exchange examples of good resource management practices.
The discussions will feed into the ongoing dialogue on needs and steps required to create an enabling environment for better supporting the sustainable management of water and soils under the future Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) post 2020.
Additionally, the Seminar overviewed the findings and recommendations of the dedicated ENRD Thematic Group running between September 2017 and July 2018.
- Key findings of the Thematic Group on soil and water management, Ben Allen and Silvia Nanni, ENRD CP
- Rural Development Programme for Mainland Finland 2014-2020, Eija Hagelberg, Baltic Sea Action Group, Finland
- Water and soil quality in Flanders, Luc Gallopyn, Flemish Land Agency, Belgium
- Sustainable management of water and soil through RDP 2014-2020 in Romania, Nicoleta Olaru, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Romania
- The new sustainable farming tool for nutrient management, Claudia Muresan, DG AGRI, European Commission