The ENRD Contact Point hosted a European Seminar on ‘Changing our Mindsets - Seizing opportunities in the Green Economy’ on 1 July 2016 in Brussels.
The Seminar is part of ENRD work on ‘Promoting the Transition to a Green Economy’ where the main aim is to share experiences and examples, and to generate concrete proposals for ensuring that the Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) support rural stakeholders to benefit fully from all the opportunities that a Green Economy can bring.
The event brought together national and regional Managing Authorities (MAs) and other stakeholders concerned with the implementation of RDPs to prioritise actions that can promote the transition to a Green Economy.
Event venue: Berlaymont Building, Brussels
- The Green Economy Agenda in Europe and Rural Development Policy in Rural Areas, David Baldock, IEEP
- Meeting the challenges facing the agricultural sector: what role can the green growth agenda play?, Dimitris Diakosavvas, OECD
- Changing our Mindsets - Seizing opportunities in the Green Economy, Eija Hagelberg, Baltic Sea Action Group
- The Green Economy in Emilia-Romagna Region: The contribution of the agriculture to the climate change mitigation by RDP operations, Guido Violini, Regione Emilia-Romagna
- The Green Economy in the EU: overview of success factors, Ben Allen, IEEP
- Drive Support System (DSS) for water management in Emilia-Romagna Region, Maria Valentina Lasorella, Italian Rural Network
- Energetic use of residual wood from landscape management, Annelies Waegeman, Plattelands Loket
- Palopuro agroecological symbiosis: efficient resource use by land managers and other rural businesses, Kari Koppelmaki, University of Helsinki
- Wales RDP 2014-2020: Supporting the Green Economy, Dr. Kevin Austin, Welsh Government
- Creating community to realise the Green Economy: Development Drivers and the RDPs, Robert Hall, Global Ecovillage Network of Europe
- Dairy farm with processing department and energy production unit from renewable sources in Dambovita County (Nucet, Romania), Nancy Samargiu, Romanian Rural Network