The eighth meeting of the Thematic Group (TG) focused on approaches for developing local digital ecosystems. In particular, in the meeting participants had the opportunity to:
- explore ‘on site’ how a specific village (Lormes, Burgundy) has embarked on a participative process to co-design a ‘village of the future’ and the way they have used different aspects of the local “digital ecosystem” to support their journey, in the context of the French approach to digitising rural areas.
- learn from similar initiatives and plans for developing local digital ecosystems in other Member States.
- exchange views about the future needs to be addressed by the Thematic Working Group on Smart Villages.
The meeting was organised back to back with the INTERREG Europe ‘ERUDITE’ final Conference ‘Co-creating Digital Transformation’ which took place in Dijon (France) on 4th and 5th of June (see programme here).
- Introduction to the day, Paul Soto, ENRD CP
- Digital transformation ecosystems in Donegal County, Ireland, Jose Manuel San Emeterio, ERNACT
- Smart Rural Regions in Germany, Meik Poschen, Federal Office of Agriculture and Food
- Strategy for the digitisation of the agri-food, forestry sector and rural territories in Spain, María Teresa Ambros Mendioroz, General Subdirectorate of Innovation and Digitalisation
- Smart Villages meeting
- Fabien Bazin, Mayor of Lormes in France | panel discussion
- Cédric Szabo, Director General of the National Association of Rural Mayors in France | panel discussion
- Marc Laget, expert in spatial planning and digital development at the General Commission for Territorial Equality (CGET) in France | message
- Maite Ambrós Mendioroz, Deputy Director at the General Subdirectorate of Innovation and Digitalisation in Spain | message
- Fabien Bazin, Mayor of Lormes in France | message
- ERUDITE conference videos
Social media activity