The seventh meeting of the Thematic Group (TG) focused on how to design effective packages of support for Smart Villages in the future CAP Plans as well as how to build synergy with other funds and policies.
The meeting was designed to help policy makers and implementers to take a further step in preparing the ground for effective Smart Village Strategies/Plans. Participants from different countries and positions within the policy delivery system jointly developed practical examples of how the toolkit of available European policy instruments can work together in supporting the implementation of Smart Villages Strategies/Plans in different contexts.
Various thematic outputs – including a short video, editions of the EU Rural Review and EAFRD Projects Brochure, an online portal, briefings, case studies, and event highlights – clarify the concept and outline the wide range of initiatives that can form part of it.
- How to support Smart Villages strategies which effectively empower rural communities?
- How can LEADER/CLLD support Smart Villages?
- Using non-LEADER/CLLD cooperation to support Smart Villages
- How to ensure that digital strategies benefit rural communities?
- Introduction to the day, Paul Soto, ENRD CP
- Using the CAP Strategic Plans to support Smart Villages, Stefan Ostegard Jensen, DG AGRI
- Smart Villages in Finland, Marianne Selkainaho, Managing Authority, Finland
- How to plan support for Smart Villages within the Cohesion Policy post 2020?, Eleftherios Stavropoulos, DG REGIO
- The European Social Fund+ Support to Smart Villages, Lyubomira Derelieva, DG EMPL
- Creating synergies between CAP Strategic Plans and other fund in Italy, Francesco Mantino, Italian Rural Network