The fifth meeting of the European Rural Networks’ Assembly Sub-group on LEADER/CLLD put forward recommendations and priority actions on key themes related to improving LEADER/CLLD implementation in the current programming period.
Over 80 representatives of Managing Authorities (MAs), Network Support Units (NSUs), Local Action Groups (LAGs), regional/local authorities and EU NGOs from all EU Member States exchanged experiences on the topic and explored how they can contribute to addressing the identified issues.
Additionally, the meeting presented and discussed:
- the state of play of implementation of LEADER and LEADER cooperation activities;
- future developments related to the European Commission’s Communication on the Future of Food and Farming;
- CLLD implementation under the European Regional Development (ERDF) and Social (ESF) Funds;
- the latest ENRD activities and initiatives on improving LEADER/CLLD delivery.
- LEADER/CLLD implementation: state of play, Karolina Jasińska-Mühleck, DG AGRI, European Commission
- CAP Communication, Guido Castellano, DG AGRI, European Commission
- CLLD Implementation under ERDF and ESF: study by DG REGIO, Loris Servillo, Leuven University
- Emerging priorities from recent LEADER/CLLD activities, John Grieve / Peter Toth, ENRD Contact Point
- Exploratory opinion of the European Economic and Social Committee: advantages of CLLD approach, Kristiina Tammets, EESC
- ENRD LAG Survey on LEADER implementation, Peter Toth / Susan Grieve, ENRD Contact Point
- Improving LEADER/CLLD implementation: group work, John Grieve, ENRD Contact Point
- New interactive tools for LAGs, Veneta Paneva, ENRD Contact Point
- Evaluating CLLD: Handbook for LAGs and FLAGs, Monica Veronesi, FARNET Support Unit
- LEADER Evaluation workshop, Valdis Kudiņš, Evaluation Helpdesk
- Advanced Gateway to EU Meetings, Isabelle Tranchant, DG AGRI, European Commission