The fourth and final Thematic Group (TG) meeting aimed to test and validate at grassroot level the findings of the analytical work on results-based agri-environment schemes, collective (multi-actor) approaches, and nutrient management plans.
The meeting was combined with a mini seminar which brought together farmers, researchers and Managing Authority representatives to exchange experiences and ideas on how the Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) can support a more productive agriculture and environmental protection. Watch a recording of the mini seminar.
Finally, TG members visited farms applying sustainable soil and water management techniques to ensure long-term agricultural productivity.
The meeting was jointly organised by the ENRD Contact Point and the Finnish Rural Network support unit.
* Please note that the presentations and documents available on this page are the working draft material used during the meeting and are still subject to possible amendments.
- Findings of the ENRD TG on Soil and Water on results-based payment schemes, Ben Allen, ENRD Contact Point/Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP)
- Findings of the ENRD TG on Soil and Water on collaborative and multi-actor approaches, Silvia Nanni, ENRD Contact Point/IEEP
- Environment and climate aids, Joel Karlsson, Finnish Rural Network support unit
- Long-term impact of environment and climate aids, Anja Yli-Viikari, Natural Resources Institute, Finland
- Collective approaches in agri-environmental projects, Eija Hagelberg, Baltic Sea Action Group (BSAG)
- Nature-based solutions for flood management and drainage, Kaisa Västilä, Aalto University School of Engineering
- Findings of the ENRD TG on Soil and Water on nutrient/soil management, Ben Allen ENRD Contact Point/IEEP
- Carbon sequestration to soil and agroforestry, Tuomas Mattila, Kilpiä farm
- Holistic water management in agricultural areas, Mikko Ortamala, Southern Finland Weeping Tile Association