4th Meeting of Thematic Group on ‘Sustainable Management of Water and Soils’
The fourth and final Thematic Group (TG) meeting aimed to test and validate at grassroot level the findings of the analytical work on results-based agri-environment schemes, collective (multi-actor) approaches, and nutrient management plans.
The meeting was combined with a mini seminar which brought together farmers, researchers and Managing Authority representatives to exchange experiences and ideas on how the Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) can support a more productive agriculture and environmental protection. Watch a recording of the mini seminar.
Finally, TG members visited farms applying sustainable soil and water management techniques to ensure long-term agricultural productivity.
The meeting was jointly organised by the ENRD Contact Point and the Finnish Rural Network support unit.
* Please note that the presentations and documents available on this page are the working draft material used during the meeting and are still subject to possible amendments.
- Findings of the ENRD TG on Soil and Water on results-based payment schemes, Ben Allen, ENRD Contact Point/Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP)
- Findings of the ENRD TG on Soil and Water on collaborative and multi-actor approaches, Silvia Nanni, ENRD Contact Point/IEEP
- Environment and climate aids, Joel Karlsson, Finnish Rural Network support unit
- Long-term impact of environment and climate aids, Anja Yli-Viikari, Natural Resources Institute, Finland
- Collective approaches in agri-environmental projects, Eija Hagelberg, Baltic Sea Action Group (BSAG)
- Nature-based solutions for flood management and drainage, Kaisa Västilä, Aalto University School of Engineering
- Findings of the ENRD TG on Soil and Water on nutrient/soil management, Ben Allen ENRD Contact Point/IEEP
- Carbon sequestration to soil and agroforestry, Tuomas Mattila, Kilpiä farm
- Holistic water management in agricultural areas, Mikko Ortamala, Southern Finland Weeping Tile Association
Last modified by Veneta PANEVA on Mon, 17/09/2018 - 17:00