The 2nd meeting of the Thematic Group (TG) presented highlights of the initial results of the research work carried out by the ENRD Contact Point on results-based payment schemes, collective approaches, and nutrients management.
Participants heard about the main features and key issues related to these three sub-themes and set out a number of potential aspects on which the work of the TG could have an impact.
Experiences from Ireland, the Netherlands and Hungary offered insights into practices on the ground that can potentially be transformed into recommendations for more effective Rural Development Programme (RDP) implementation.
The meeting gathered representatives of Managing Authorities, National Rural Networks (NRNs), EU institutions, European organisations and researchers who discussed the initial research findings and proposed ideas for the next steps of the TG.
- Synopsis of inputs by participants & next steps (working document)
- Meeting highlights
TG briefings (working documents)
- Result-based Payment Schemes (RBPS), Clunie Keenleyside, ENRD CP/IEEP
- Result-based Payment Scheme in Ireland, Brendan Dunford, Burren Programme
- Collective approaches, Silvia Nanni, ENRD CP/IEEP
- Collective approaches in the Netherlands, Aard Mulders, Dutch Ministry of Agriculture, Nature & Food Quality
- Nutrient Management Plans, Ben Allen, ENRD CP/IEEP
- Optimised Soil Nutrients Management in Hungary, Vince Lang, Discovery R&D Centre
- Updated workplan & methodological approach, Alexandros Papakonstantinou, ENRD CP