The 2nd meeting of the Thematic Group (TG) on ‘Smart & Competitive Rural Businesses’ focused on identifying and analysing main business support tools to:
- Developing and implementing creative and sustainable business ideas; and
- Making use of digitisation for rural businesses.
The meeting gave the opportunity to discuss inspiring examples of business accelerators, incubators and digital hubs, as well as examples of Rural Development Programme measures and National Rural Networks practices delivering business support.
Participants included representatives of local business support organisations, LEADER Local Action Groups, stakeholder organisations, research institutes, National Rural Networks, Managing Authorities, and the European Commission.
- Introduction: Where are we and what are we doing today?, Edina Ocsko, ENRD Contact Point
- The business accelerator approach, Jan-Willem van der Schans, Wageningen Economic Research
- Planned RDP analysis by the ENRD, Elena Maccioni, ENRD Contact Point
- LEADER 2030, Shaping the Future, Juha-Matti Markkola, NRN Finland
- What can LEADER and Networking do?, Juha-Matti Markkola, NRN Finland
- Support of innovative businesses in rural areas, Markus Stadler, Austriam EAFRD Managing Authority
- Digitisation in the wider rural development context - a policy opportunity, Edina Ocsko, ENRD Contact Point
- Next steps, Edina Ocsko, ENRD Contact Point