The ENRD Contact Point and DG AGRI organised a LEADER/CLLD conference on 'Strengthening Local Development through Cooperation' in Milan on 25 September 2015 linked to the Expo Milano 2015 (for more information on CAP-related events at Expo Milano 2015 click here). The main objective of the conference was to exchange on how to support inter-territorial and transnational cooperation (TNC) within the EU and with third countries.
The conference expected to:
- Provide an overview of transnational cooperation within the EU and with third countries, including partners, regions and fields of cooperation
- Improve understanding of the barriers in cooperation projects and how they have been overcome in existing projects
- Raise awareness of the benefits of TNC via exchange of good practices, and of the applicability of the LEADER method in other contexts, including non-EU
- Build the capacity of NRNs and the ENRD to promote and facilitate TNC, including with third countries
- Boost TNC by bringing together potential interested partners
The LEADER/CLLD conference was organised back-to-back with the Special Edition NRNs' Meeting (24 September) on 'The role of NRNs in supporting LEADER/CLLD'. For more information on the NRNs' meeting click here.