The first European meeting of the National Rural Networks (NRNs) in the 2014-2020 programming period was held on 5-6 November 2014 in Brussels. The main rationale behind the meeting was that the ENRD and NRNs work towards a common set of objectives including:
- Increasing the involvement of rural stakeholders;
- Improving the quality of Rural Development Programmes (RDPs); and
- Informing the broader public and potential beneficiaries about RDPs.
The meeting introduced the 2014-2020 Rural Networks' (ENRD and EIP-AGRI) organisation and strategic framework and explored how the Contact Point, Network Support Units (NSUs) and NRN members can achieve their common networking objectives by using shared tools, approaches and methods.
- The strategic approach of the Contact Point, Paul Soto, ENRD CP
- Logical Framework and Common Governance for EU Rural Networks, Antonella Zona, DG AGRI
- Cooperation among networks - first thoughts on supporting activities and tools of the ENRD, Mike Gregory, ENRD CP
- Working together: How can we achieve common network objectives?, Edina Ocsko, ENRD CP
- EIP-AGRI networking activities – state of play, Silvia Dietz, DG AGRI