The 1st meeting of the Thematic Group (TG) discussed its purpose and objectives, as well as the initial results of the scoping work carried out by the ENRD Contact Point, building on the previous thematic work on ‘Resource Efficiency’.
The meeting brought together representatives of Managing Authorities, National Rural Networks (NRNs), EU institutions, European organisations and researchers to discuss challenges and opportunities for supporting the sustainable management of water and soils under the Rural Development Programmes. TG members heard experiences from Italy and Sweden as examples of successful approaches.
Participants provided their input to refine the scope of the TG, the specific sub-topics to be addressed and the work plan. The online platform VIIMA was presented as the tool to enable regular interactions and dynamic exchange of ideas and information among TG members throughout the duration of thematic activities until July 2018.
- Exploring links with previous thematic work on resource efficiency and moving forward, Ben Allen, Institute of European Environmental Policy / ENRD CP
- Setting the objectives of the Thematic Group, Silvia Nanni, Institute of European Environmental Policy / ENRD CP
- Mainstreaming Water Framework Directive objectives into sectoral policies – an example of RDPs, Josselin Rouillard, Ecologic Institute
- Inventory of soil protection policy instruments in the EU: key messages, Ana Frelih-Larsen, Ecologic Institute
- Result-based AECM: the Swedish experience, Emma Svensson, Swedish Board of Agriculture
- SWOT of RDP support to conservation agriculture practices in Italy, Danilo Marandola, CREA-Italian National Rural Network