The 1st meeting of the Thematic Group (TG) on ‘Smart & Competitive Rural Businesses’ primarily focused on defining specific sub-themes that members will work on within the framework of the TG. It further identified challenges with regard to supporting and running rural businesses, as well as practical opportunities offered by the Rural Development Programmes (RDPs).
Participants included representatives of local business support organisations, LEADER Local Action Groups, stakeholder organisations, research institutes, National Rural Networks, Managing Authorities, and the European Commission.
Thematic Group briefing documents
- Digitisation, the use of ICT and access to broadband
- Smart networking for rural businesses
- Building on local community, environmental and cultural assets
- Urban-rural linkages for rural businesses
- Purpose and process of the Thematic Group, Edina Ocsko, ENRD Contact Point