Long Term Rural Vision
The ENRD Thematic Group on the Long Term Rural Vision, #rural2040, consisted of a small but dedicated cross-section of informed and engaged stakeholders from different parts of Europe. There were four main meetings over the year-long period leading up to the Communication - the first two meetings in September and December of 2020 and the other two meetings in January and May of 2021.
The aims of the Thematic Group were:
1. To contribute to and enrich the foresight exercise to be carried out for the Long Term Rural Vision in cooperation with the JRC.
2. To act as a platform or exchange hub sharing, discussing and communicating the results of different activities carried out by Thematic Group members and other key actors involved in contributing to the Long Term Rural Vision.
3. To improve the coherence and structure of dialogue that will take place among stakeholders on the Long Term Rural Vision in different parts of Europe (see Rural Voices Report).
4. To communicate more widely with stakeholders and encourage their sustained involvement in the dialogue.
5. To contribute to the ENRD conference ‘Rural Vision Week’ held in March 2021.
- 4th TG meeting (5 May 2021) - see meeting highlights
- Rural Vision Week: Imagining the future of Europe’s rural areas (22-26 March 2021)
- 3rd TG meeting (27 January 2021) - see meeting highlights
- 2nd TG meeting (2 & 3 December 2020) - see meeting highlights
- TG Interim meeting (20 October 2020) - see meeting highlights
- European Week of Regions and Cities: Long Term Vision for rural areas - key political messages (13 October 2020)
- European Week of Regions and Cities: ENRD Workshop on Building a long-term vision for rural areas (13 October 2020) - see meeting highlights
- 1st TG meeting (22 & 23 September 2020) - see meeting highlights
If you are interested in any specific aspect of the Long Term Rural Vision, please contact us at .