LEADER thematic work
The current transition period (2021-2022) is a time when Member States (MS) continue to implement LEADER using the 2014-2020 programming period rules. At the same time, MS are designing national implementing rules, procedures, and guidance for the selection of LAGs, and for the selection and implementation of local development strategies. In the new performance framework, MS have more flexibility in developing their LEADER/CLLD delivery systems, while LEADER can contribute to any or all objectives of the CAP, particularly General Objective 3 - Strengthening the socio-economic fabric of rural areas.
In previous years, the ENRD Contact Point has carried out several activities around LEADER, among these the most important is the EU-wide LEADER/LAG Survey in 2017. The information and knowledge gathered indicate that the actual application of the seven LEADER principles is essential and integral to implementing the LEADER approach and ensuring its added value.
The ENRD Contact Point will further explore these themes through the implementation of Thematic Groups between March and December 2022. The focus will be on practical aspects of applying the seven LEADER principles by all EU LAGs and optimising the added value of LEADER for local communities.
All information on the current Thematic Group (TG) meetings and related thematic outputs can be found at the following pages:
- TG on Making the seven LEADER principles work in practice for all LAGs under the CAP Strategic Plans (2022)
Browse the ENRD’s LEADER Resources for more information or visit some of these specific links:
- LEADER LAG implementation survey 2017 (EU-level and MS-level results reports)
- 46 case studies on LEADER implementation
- EU Rural Review 29 ‘LEADER achievements’ (available in EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, PL, HR, CZ)
- LEADER Toolkit – Working on the LEADER delivery system
- LEADER Toolkit – Implementing LAGs and local strategies
- LEADER Toolkit – Improving communication across the CLLD delivery chain
- LEADER Cooperation page including the ‘Summary of proposals of the LEADER Cooperation PWG’
- LEADER Innovation page including practical examples of LEADER innovation and the summary document of LEADER Innovation PWG discussions ‘Innovation in the LEADER delivery chain’
- Specific orientation, guidance on LEADER/CLLD and Smart Villages
If you are interested in any specific aspect of the ENRD Contact Point’s work on LEADER, please get in touch with us at email@example.com