The Someș-Codru Microregion LAG benefits from a geographical area suitable for beekeeping that includes hilly areas with acacia and linden forests, meadows with different species of flowers and fertile agricultural land for rapeseed and sunflower crops.
In the territory of the LAG, in 2021 there were 95 registered beekeepers who unfortunately do not manage to capitalize on their products at their true value, most of the time they sell their products to intermediaries at reduced prices as there is no authorized collection center in the area for honey processing.
We want to work with partners from all over Europe who have been successful in finding ways to make effective use of local products, or who wish to do so. Our idea is to cooperate together to develop short distribution chains and/or access new distribution markets. Another component of the project that we want to carry out together with the project partners is the development of a training/awareness program regarding the health benefits of honey consumption and the importance of bees for humanity and the planet.
1) Establishment of community honey collection and packaging centers where beekeepers can process their products in a sanitary authorized center and thus have access to diversified markets (e.g. Hospitality industry, exports).
2) Development and promotion of local brands.
3) Training/awareness courses for young people/students on the importance of bees for the planet and humanity and the importance of honey in human nutrition.
4) Courses for beekeepers on protecting bees against pesticides and the effects of climate change.
5) Exchange of experience between beekeepers in the territories of the LAGs involved in the project
6) Participation in international food fairs.