Waste : how to fight against food wasting, especially in canteens and how to reduce waste ? Les déchets : comment lutter contre le gaspillage alimentaire, notamment dans les cantines et comment réduire les déchets ?
Looking to cooperate with
All membre state interested in these subjects
Extract from the 2014-2020 Leader application :
"The potential for recycling waste still seems insufficiently exploited.
o The inhabitants recognize a weakness in waste sorting, it would be necessary to limit packaging.
o A part of the municipalities communities of the territory benefits from an organizer asked specifically to organize the waste reduction. However, a work is necessary to make the population fully aware of these issues."
This cooperation on waste should enable us to work on the following elements :
- Fight against food wasting and especially in canteens : how to convince schools (canteens), children and teachers ? What types of messages need to be communicated and how should they be done ? How to involve children in this process ?
- Waste reduction et promote waste sorting : what is the approach in the waste prevention ? Are there initiatives which allow more easily the population to adhere (such as horse waste collection) ? Do these innovative approaches work ? What tools for effective communication/awareness ?
The cooperation leader is to be defined.
- Get the appropriate tools to convince schools (canteens), teachers and children in the fight against food waste ;
- Set up actions to raise awareness about the fight against food waste ;
- Meet with other territories working on waste and get feedback on innovative processes and tools that work and get people to join the process.
Targets : school canteens, children, inhabitants of the territory
Actions : To be defined togheter
Partners : French agency for environment and energy reduction (ADEME), Local Waste Prevention Plan, Lozère Department, Lozère Departmental Energy and Equipment Union, ...