Sustainable energy resources and local energy production: How to make the population accept these changes in production? How to become a self-sufficient city in energy?
All EU members interested in these themes
This theme concerns our entire territory: the Terres de Vie en Lozère association based in Mende in FRANCE (Occitanie region). This territory includes 31,323 inhabitants.
Extract of the Leader application made in 2014:
"For three years the energy issue has been debated on the territory. The General Council of Lozère accompanied the establishment of a structure (Lozère Energie) at the service of both populations and elected officials.The elected officials and the inhabitants want the territory to evolve towards new types of energy in particular to save energy and create economic added value (wind, photovoltaic, heat network, methanization etc.). However, new materials and techniques remain at high prices. There is a desire for a new culture of energy consumption. Potential renewable energy exist in the territory : especially geothermal energy, wood energy (insulation and wood housing). The new modes of energy consumption, like the new economic models, reveal a need for structuring. There is a need of change and innovation."
We wish by this cooperation on energies to work on:
- Sustainable energy resources: what resources can be used to produce energy and how to implement them at the local level;
- Communication: what tools can make this type of approach acceptable to the local population?
- Energy independence: how to become an autonomous city?
A contact with the city of Wunsiedel in Germany has already been made as well as with the LAG of this city. The cooperation LEADER remains to be defined.
Objectives: To enable the territory to acquire knowledge through the skills and experiences of other European countries.
- What local resources can be used to produce energy and how to make it?
- Which communication tools can make this type of approach acceptable to the local population? And how to communicate on it?
- How to become an autonomous city?
Targets: The local population, economic decision makers, elected officials, schools and high schools
Actions: To be defined together
Partners: public structures, high schools, local companies