Thematic Working Groups
The development of methodological guidance is supported through thematic working groups (TWG) which have the aim to address specific issues related to the evaluation of rural development programmes. A thematic working group is a specific small group of named evaluation experts and is constituted to find practical solutions for a specific need or topic.
Thematic working groups typically include the Evaluation Helpdesk’s permanent staff and external experts who work under the supervision of DG AGRI’s Unit C.4. DG AGRI in cooperation with the Evaluation Helpdesk, and in consultation with the Member States, decide which topics should be addressed through thematic working groups. The set-up, organisation and coordination of the thematic working groups fall under the responsibility of the Evaluation Helpdesk.
DG AGRI staff and Member States' representatives are also invited to contribute to particular TWG activities when appropriate. The Evaluation Helpdesk can run one or more TWGs in line with the needs and expectations of Member States.
The Evaluation Helpdesk has launched three TWGs since its inception. The principal output of these TWGs is the development of guidelines to assist Member States in preparing and conducting evaluation and reporting.
- “Assessment of RDP results: how to prepare for reporting on evaluation in 2017”
- “Evaluation of National Rural Networks 2014-2020”
- “Evaluation of LEADER/CLLD”
- "Evaluation of Innovation in RDPs 2014-2020"
- "Reporting on RDP Achievements and Impacts in 2019"
- "Data for the assessment of RDP achievements and impacts"
- "Preparing for the ex ante evaluation of the CAP Strategic Plan"
Download guidelines from the Helpdesk’s eLibrary.