Thematic Working Group 9 - Research Projects to Support Better Data for Evaluating the CAP
- Polski niedostępny
The quality of evaluations depends substantially on the availability of data that can be analysed through various evaluation methods. Data availability and quality can be improved through planning appropriately the data needs, reviewing relevant data sources and by setting up and managing the systems to collect and process the required data for evaluation.
There are a number of EU-level initiatives and projects (e.g. FLINT, NIVA, Sen4CAP, SIMRA) which are working on the improvement of data-infrastructure and data use (e.g. digital solutions, e-tools, algorithms, good practices) needed to provide up to date data for monitoring and evaluation of the CAP both at the EU and national levels.
In view of these new developments the Evaluation Helpdesk has launched its 9th Thematic Working Group (TWG) ‘Research Projects to Support Better Data for Evaluating the CAP’, which has the overall objective to support the preparation and transition of data-collection for monitoring and evaluation systems of the CAP post-2020. Furthermore, this TWG aims to:
- take stock of the knowledge accumulated in initiatives and projects at the EU/MS levels who are working on data-infrastructure and data use which have the potential to contribute to the data management and information systems for evaluating the CAP;
- provide insights on innovative data collection and processing methods and their use for evaluation;
- develop knowledge transfer tools for the application of new data and better use of data for evaluating the CAP.
To support the transfer of these new developments to the evaluation community the thematic working group will follow the knowledge transfer cycle of identifying, capturing, codifying and finally sharing.
Working Packages of the TWG:
1. Taking stock of the knowledge accumulated in initiatives and projects at the EU and Member State levels to contribute to the data management and information systems for evaluating the CAP.
- Expected output: Interactive knowledge repository, which will provide insights on EU level initiatives and projects (e.g. methodologies used, indicators developed).
- View the Evaluation Knowledge Bank.
2. Transferring knowledge for better use of data for evaluating the CAP
- Expected output: Guidance in the form of practical examples and complementary tools for stakeholders in the Member States to help solve problems related to data collection, management and information systems (including better use of existing data sources) while preparing evaluations of the CAP and the ex post evaluation of RDPs 2014-2022.
To ensure that the Thematic Working Group meets the practical needs of the evaluation community, consultations will take place with evaluation stakeholders through a Sounding Board and other means of written feedback.