This report has reflected a synthesis of the contents linked to the evaluation of the innovation potential of the RDP. For the evaluation of the innovation potential, the different elements that make up the measures programmed in the RDP have been analysed: objectives, requirements, selection criteria or even the amount of aid.
Search Evaluation Publications
This report charts innovation in Flemish agricultural and horticultural companies. In order to gain a better insight into improvements or innovations in the products, the processes, the organization or the marketing in Flemish agriculture and horticulture, a survey was organized among the participants in the Agricultural Monitoring Network. The results are presented and discussed in this report. This happened for the fourth time after previous surveys in 2007, 2012 and 2014.
The main objective of the Guidelines is to provide a non-binding complement to other guidelines and offer advice to RDP evaluation stakeholders on how to carry out the evaluation activities for answering the common evaluation questions related to innovation. Since the RDP’s effects on innovation in rural areas can be expected to take place, most likely, in the long-term, the guidelines focus in particular on those evaluation related activities, which will be reported in the AIR in 2019 and in the ex post evaluation. The Guidelines are structured in three parts:
- Chapter 1: explains the innovation system in rural areas and the concept of the evaluation of innovation in rural development. The concept introduces the EU and RDP policy framework and how they interrelate with each other, as well as the overview of the common evaluation elements.
- Chapter 2: informs Managing Authorities about specificities linked to managing the evaluation of innovation and reporting requirements. Chapter 2.2 explains the approaches to answering the innovation related evaluation questions and provides specific guidance for each of the common evaluation questions: numbers 1, 2, 21, 23 and 30 concerning those aspects which relate to innovation.
- Chapter 3 (Annexes): includes the glossary and the steps for identifying the RDP innovation potential.
Discover articles on:
- The evaluation of innovation in RDPs 2014- 2020
- Farm level indicators for new topics in policy evaluation
- What evaluators in Latvia are learning from the 2017 AIR
Expand your knowledge of:
- The policy framework for innovation