Preparing the assessment of High Nature Value Farming in Rural Development Programmes 2014-20: Practices and solutions
The Good Practice Workshop co-organised by The Evaluation Helpdesk, the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation (BfN), “Preparing the assessment of High Nature Value Farming in Rural Development Programmes 2014-2020” June 7-8, 2016 Bonn, Germany.
The aim of the workshop is to provide a forum for the discussion and exchange of useful practices in identifying and monitoring the extent and quality of HNV farmland. This includes
- Stocktaking of the methodologies used by Member States to identify HNV farming (extent and condition).
- Exploring the systems in place for monitoring HNV farming in the Member States: What systems are in place? How often is the monitoring done? What kind of data is used?
- Identifying advanced methods to assess HNV farming. What criteria indicate an advanced method? What needs to be in place to apply advanced methods for the assessment of HNV farming consistently?
- Objectives, agenda and introduction to the Evaluation Helpdesk team and governance structure - (Hannes Wimmer, Team Leader of the Evaluation Helpdesk)
- HNV farming indicator in RDPs 2014-2020: Expectations and use - (Caroline Raes, DG AGRI Unit E.4)
- Identification, monitoring, and assessment of HNV farming – Current approaches in EU Member States - (Gerald Schwarz, Evaluation Helpdesk Core Team Member)
- Mapping HNV Farmland in Germany 2009 to 2015 - (DE) (Armin Benzler, Federal Agency for Nature Conservation)
- Defining High Nature Value farming areas in Estonia - (EE) (Tambert Kikas, Agricultural Research Centre )
- Approach to implementing the HNV indicator in Navarra (Northern Spain) – (ES) (Uxue Iragui, GANASA)
- High Nature Value (HNV) in Denmark: Targeting biodiversity – (DK) (Martin Brink, Danish AgriFish Agency and Jesper Bladt, Aarhus University)
- Assessing HNV farms from FADN. Linkages between HNV level of farming intensity and farm support – (IT) (Andrea Povellato, CREA)
- HNV farming in Italy – Context indicator CI37: Land cover approach – (IT) (Antonella Trisorio, CREA)
Read the Summary Report!
- Oppermann, R., Beaufoy, G., Jones, G. (Eds). 2012. High Nature Value Farming in Europe. 35 European countries – experiences and perspectives. Verlag Regionalkultur, Ubstadt-Weiher, Germany.
- Brunbjerg, A.K., Bladt, J., Brink, M., Fredshavn, J., Mikkelsen, P., Moeslund, J., Nygaard, B., Skov, F., Ejrnæs, R. 2015. Development and implementation of a high nature value (HNV) farming indicator for Denmark. Ecological Indicators, 61, 274-281.