The Good Practice Workshop was co-organised by The Evaluation Helpdesk and the the Italian Rural Network (CREA), “Methods for assessing impacts of Rural Development Programmes 2007-13: Practices and solutions for the ex post evaluation” July 4-5, 2016 Palermo, Italy.
The aim of the workshop was to provide a forum for the discussion and exchange of evaluation practices used by ex post evaluators. This workshop brought together evaluators, Managing Authorities, EC representatives and the authors of the guidelines for the ex post evaluation of 2007-2013 RDPs to:
- Discuss the methodological approaches chosen to assess results & impacts of RDPs 2007-13;
- Consider the usefulness of the data used and the solutions found to overcome data-gaps;
- Explore the robustness of the answers to the evaluations questions, and the conclusions and recommendations developed;
- Identify quality criteria for sound evaluation reports.
- Objectives, agenda and introduction to the Evaluation Helpdesk team and governance structure - (Hannes Wimmer, Team Leader of the Evaluation Helpdesk)
- Ex post evaluation of RDPs 2007-2013: Expectations and use - (Fernando Fonseca, DG AGRI Unit E.4)
- Methodological challenges in ex post evaluation - (Jela Tvrdonova, Evaluation Helpdesk Evaluation Manager)
- Counterfactual evaluation of farm modernization measure of Latvian RDP 2007-2013 with propensity score matching - (LV) (Juris Hāzners, Department of Rural Development Evaluation Institute of Agroresources and Economics (AREI))
- Productivity Effects of CAP Pillar 2 investment support: Evidence from Sweden using coarsened exact matching - (SE) (Pia Nilsson, Jönköping International Business School Discipline of Economics, Finance and Statistics)
- Case study from the evaluation Of RDP Azores (PT) – Multi-method approach (focus on the Qualitative methods) – (PT) (Magda Porta, Evaluation Helpdesk Core Team)
- Use of a GIS-based method for the assessment of contributions of the RDP to biodiversity, with a focus on measure 214 – (SI) (Mojca Hrabar, Oikos)
- Estonian Rural Development Plan 2007-2013 ex-post evaluation – (EE) (Veeli Oeselg, CIVITTA Estonia AS)
- Case study : “Ex Post Evaluation Cyprus RDP 2007-2013: An Application of Input-Output Analysis” – (CY) (Psaltopoulos, D.)
Read the Summary Report