Improving data management and information systems for the purpose of CAP evaluation
The Good Practice Workshop organised by the European Evaluation Helpdesk for Rural Development, ‘Improving data management and information systems for the purpose of CAP evaluation’, took place on 16-17 March 2021 Online.
The Good Practice Workshop (GPW) 16 had the overall objective to reflect on innovative experiences in relation to data management and information systems for evaluations in the context of the CAP. In this context the aim was to:
- Exchange experiences from existing research projects/studies and data management practices at the EU and Member State levels to identify useful elements and innovative approaches that can help improve data management and information systems.
- Discuss specific issues/criteria that can facilitate or hamper the incorporation/transfer of identified approaches into data management and information systems at the Member State level.
- Identify needs for further support for Managing Authorities and Paying Agencies, but also, for evaluators and data providers in relation to the above issues for improving data management and information systems for the ex post evaluation and future CAP evaluations.
- Overview of EU level projects - (EU) (Doris Marquardt EU Commission, DG AGRI Unit B2)
- Sen4CAP Open Source System to Support the CAP Reform Using Sentinel-1 and -2 for Continuous Near Real Time Agriculture Practices Monitoring - (EU) (Sophie Bontemps, SEN4CAP)
- Checks by Monitoring and the use of Sen4CAP products: Castile and León (Spain) - (ES) (Alberto Gutiérrez, ITACYL)
- Sen4CAP: Application and evaluation in Denmark - (DK) (Naya Sophie Rye Jørgensen, Ministry of the Environment and Food Danish Agency for Agriculture)
- Digital Innovations in IACS systems and their relevance for monitoring and evaluation - (EU) (Sander Janssen, Coordinator, Wageningen University & Research)
- NIVA in France: Agri-environmental indicators (UC1b) - (FR) (Emmanuel de Laroche, Ludovic Arnaud, Christian Bockstaller, ASP and INRAE)
- FLINT: Farm Level Indicators for New Topics in Policy Evaluation - (EU) (Hans Vrolijk, Head of Center for Economic Information, Wageningen Economic Research)
- Evolution of farm data collection in Ireland The lessons that have been learned - (IE) (Trevor Donnellan, Teagasc)
- Flint data collection experience in Hungarian FADN - (HU) (Szilárd Keszthelyi, Agrárközgazdasági Intézet)
- MEF4CAP: Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks for the Common Agricultural Policy - (EU) (Hans Vrolijk, Head of Center for Economic Information, Wageningen Economic Research)
- MIND STEP Project Data requirements for indicators on European policies related to agriculture and data management - (EU) (Marc Müller, Wageningen University)
- VERIFY: Observation-based system for monitoring and verification of greenhouse gases - (EU) (Philippe Peylin, CEA-LSCE)