Assessing Environmental Effects of Rural Development Programmes: Practical solutions for the ex post evaluation 2007-2013
The first Good Practice Workshop co-organised by The Evaluation Helpdesk, Baltic Environmental Forum and the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Lithuania, “Assessing Environmental Effect of Rural Development Programmes: Practical solutions for the ex post evaluation 2007-2013”, took place on October 27-28, 2015 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
The aim of the workshop was to facilitate an exchange between Member States with regard to their practical challenges in assessing RDP’s environmental results and impacts in the context of the ex post evaluation. New research experiences (e.g. from the FP7-project Envieval) provided methodological inputs and practical case studies to exemplify potential solutions.
This event was well attended by 60 participants including, members of the European Commission, Managing Authorities, evaluators, and academics representing sixteen member states.
- Objectives, agenda and introduction to the Evaluation Helpdesk team and governance structure (Hannes Wimmer, Team Leader of the Evaluation Helpdesk)
- Expectations and uses in ex post evaluation of RDP’s environmental results and impacts (Fernando Fonseca, DG AGRI Unit E.4, Yves Plees, DG AGRI Unit E.4)
- Possible evaluation challenges and stakeholder expectations (Gerald Schwarz, Evaluation Helpdesk Core Team Member)
- Approach to assessment of environmental impacts of the Lithuanian RDP (Darius Liutikas, Lithuanian Managing Authority)
- Addressing challenges of evaluating impacts of RDPs on climate stability – (IT & FI) (Andrea Povellato, CREA-exINEA and Jane Artell, LUKE)
- Addressing challenges of evaluating impacts of RDPs on soil quality – (Scotland & HU) (David Miller, James Hutton Institute and Csaba Centeri)
- Evaluation of agri-environmental schemes’ objective of biodiversity (Eneli Viik, Agricultural Research Center Estonia)