Appraising the intervention strategies under the CAP: experiences and outlook
The Good Practice Workshop organised by the European Evaluation Helpdesk for Rural Development in collaberation with the Italian National Rural Network, 'Appraising intervention strategies under the CAP: experiences and outlook', took place on 15-16 October, 2019 in Rome, Italy.
The overarching aim of this Good Practice Workshop is to raise awareness for evidence-based policy making by showing practical examples of how to approach and use the ex ante evaluation. This workshop focuses on the appraisal of the intervention strategy and target setting and serves to:
- Provide a forum to discuss and learn lessons from the appraisal of the intervention logic and target setting in the current programming period 2014-2020.
- Exchange on principles and practical examples of appraising the intervention strategies currently under preparation for the CAP Strategic Plans 2021-2027.
- Identify challenges, needs and solutions to help Managing Authorities and evaluators in their ex ante evaluation activities.
- Target and milestones appraisal: lessons from the ex ante evaluation of RDPs in Spain - (ES) (Maria Coto Sauras, Evaluator, Red2Red)
- Experiences from the ex ante evaluation of regionalised RDPs 2014–2020 in France and lessons for the next period - (FR) (Jacques Carrillo, Evaluator, EDATER)
- Lessons for the ex-ante evaluation of the CAP strategic plan in the Czech Republic - (CZ) (Jaroslav Pražan, Evaluator, Institute of Agricultural Economics and Information)
- Using the theory of change approach for assessing the intervention logic –lessons learned from the impact evaluation of P6 of the Austrian RDP 2014-2020 - (AT) (Andreas Resch, Evaluator, METIS)
Find more resources on getting prepared for the ex ante evaluation in the Thematic Working Group 7!