Strengthening the position of farmers in the Organic Food Supply Chain
- Italiano non disponibile
There is broad consensus on the key role of organic production and consumption in the transition to a sustainable food system, with the Farm to Fork Strategy including the objective of ‘at least 25% of the EU’s agricultural land under organic farming by 2030 and a significant increase in organic aquaculture'. To achieve this target and to help the organics sector reach its full potential, the Commission has produced an Action Plan for Organic Production in the EU . A key aspect of the action plan is to increase the consumption of organic products and reinforce the value chain, by using three axes to ensure a balanced growth of the sector “boosting consumption while maintaining consumer trust, increasing production, and further improving the sustainability of the sector.”
In this context the ENRD is launching a new Thematic Group (TG) on Strengthening the Position of Farmers in the Organic Supply Chain to:
- Explore current approaches to cooperation in the organic value chain e.g. organisational governance and sectoral focus.
- Identify potential areas of intervention (including under the new CAP) that can support collective actions across the organic value chain, e.g. conversion, maintenance, knowledge exchange, innovation, cooperation, young farmers.
- Share good practices that illustrate the success factors for strengthening the role of organic farmers in the value chain.
The TG will consist of a small but dedicated cross-section of informed and engaged organic supply chain participants and expertise including producers and consumers representatives who will commit to participate in the two meetings and related activities in between the meetings. The meetings will be held in English without interpretation. In case of over-subscription, participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Practical experience, policy experience or extensive knowledge of at least one element of organic supply chains;
- Capacity and willingness to contribute to the process of strengthening organic supply chains and improving the position of farmers through collective means;
- Commitment to participate in two meetings of the TG on 15 September 2022 and 24 November 2022 (TBC) and participating in exchanges between meetings as agreed by the TG. The list of TG members will be published on the ENRD website. (It is currently envisaged that meetings will be held online).
- Committed to engage in constructive dialogue towards a common aim and to communicate outcomes to peers and other stakeholders.
Please express and explain your interest in becoming a member of the Thematic Group and in participating in the meetings through the link below by 19 August 2022 at the latest.
Please note that when selecting the Thematic Group members from the expressions of interest, the ENRD Contact Point will- to the extent possible - also take into consideration the need to ensure a balance of participants from EU Member States, sectors, gender and age. Applicants will receive a confirmation of participation by 26 August 2022 at the latest.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: this ENRD Thematic Group will take place within the framework of the EU CAP Network, which will be launched in early October. Further information will be provided in the confirmation message.