The first meeting of the Rural Networks’ Steering Group took place in Brussels on 25 February 2015. The meeting marked the start of the Steering Group’s work of providing guidance and coordination to the activities of the European Rural Networks (ENRD and EIP-AGRI).
Representatives exchanged views on the most important topics and priorities for 2015, as well as providing the networks with ideas and guidance on which of their tools could be best used for which themes.
The Steering Group considered the work of the two Rural Networks’ Assembly sub-groups on innovation and LEADER/CLLD and the ongoing evaluation and self-assessment of the rural networks.
The Rural Networks’ Steering Group brought together representatives of Managing Authorities, National Rural Networks and EU-wide organisations, as well as Agricultural Advisory Services and Agricultural Research Institutes.
Reports and summaries
- Full Report of the Rural Networks’ Steering Group 1st meeting 25 February [PDF]
- The Rural Networks’ Assembly 26 Jan 2015 – Full Report
- The "Mandate" of the Steering Group, by Antonella Zona (DG AGRI)
- Subgroup on innovation for agricultural productivity and sustainability, by Iman Boot (DG AGRI)
- Subgroup on Leader and Community-led Local Development, by Riin Saluveer (DG AGRI)
- Topics and priorities, by Riin Saluveer (DG AGRI)
- ENRD Contact Point Activity Plan 2015, by Paul Soto (ENRD Contact Point)
- EIP-AGRI Service Point Activity Plan 2015, by Pacôme Elouna Eyenga (EIP-AGRI Service Point)
- Evaluation Helpdesk Activity Plan 2015, by Hannes Wimmer (Evaluation Helpdesk)
- Ongoing evaluation of EU Rural Networks 2014-2020, by Jela Tvrdonova (Evaluation Helpdesk)
- (Self-)assessment of European rural networks: Key issues & challenges, by Edina Ocsko (ENRD Contact Point)
- Next Steps: Events, by Markus Holzer (DG AGRI)