The ENRD Contact Point hosted the Rural Seminar on Smart and Competitive Supply Chains ‘Forging the Link – connecting RDP support to the Food & Drink Supply Chain’ on 26 May 2016 in Brussels.
The event brought together 70 participants working together to prioritise actions which can enable rural areas to be more competitive by adding value throughout the supply chain. Presentations were given on how to form an integrated strategy in food and drink development, how to access new urban markets and how to use specific tools, including smart specialisation.
The key outcomes from the Seminar were the need for a greater integrated approach, and for stronger links between RDPs and strategic approaches. Cooperation and simplification were the key messages that participants took away from the Seminar.
- Practical Information
- RDP sub-Measures analysis: M16.4 Short supply chains and local markets - Fiche
- RDP tools for adding value along the agri-food supply chain - Factsheet
- Introduction, David Lamb, ENRD Contact Point
- Developing Smart Specialisation through Targeted Support, Martina Pertoldi, JRC, Smart Specialisation Platform
- Developing Smart Food Supply Chains, Jan Willem van der Schans, Wageningen University
- Developing partnerships to deliver supply chain strategies, James Withers, Chief Executive, Scotland Food & Drink
- Developing access to markets in public food, Robin Gourlay, Foodlinks, UK (Scotland)
- Accessing public food markets though producer support and cooperation, Vesna Erhart, Jarina, Slovenia
- Food Policy in Rotterdam and South Holland, Amada Oei, Food Cluster Rotterdam
- Added Value through Integrated Projects, Vincenzo Carè, Italian NRN
- Targeted Support for Producers, Patrick Pasgang, Innovatiesteunpunt
- Delivering an integrated programme for food and drink, Vera Ebner, Austrian Chamber of Agriculture
- Regional approaches, David Lamb, ENRD Contact Point
- An integrated approach to the cooperation measure, Reve Lambur, Estonian NRN
- Packages of support measures linked with advisory services, Karin Ellerman-Kuegler, Association of Chambers of Agriculture
- LAG strategies and networks of exchange, Ivan McCutcheon, West Cork Development Partnership
- Smart Specialisation at local level, Mariangeles Muriel Gonzalez, TAGUS