The 7th NRNs’ meeting built on previous ENRD thematic work on ‘Stakeholder Involvement’ by exploring links between agricultural advisors and rural networks and ways to improve them in order to better support farmers and project beneficiaries.
The event brought advisory service providers together with Network Support Unit (NSU) representatives to exchange on the differing systems and delivery models across EU countries and regions.
The event also discussed rural networks’ various thematic work outputs, how these reflect realities on the ground and how they can be used to improve cooperation, as well as project design and implementation.
A final discussion session considered ways in which NSUs can best support the implementation of the Cork 2.0 Declaration.
The event concluded with field visits to RDP-supported projects on Friday, 17 March.
- Prorural+, Fernando Moniz Sousa, Prorural+
- Portuguese Farm Advisory System, Sandra Candeais, Portuguese Farm Advisory Service
- An integrated approach in Latvia, Edgars Linde, Latvian Rural Network
- Links between the NRN and Advisory Service in Scotland, Alistair Prior (Scottish Rural Network), Siobhan MacDonald (Scotland's Farm Advisory Service) and Paul Mayfield (Connect Local)
- Teagasc and the NRN in Ireland, Barry Caslin, Teagasc
- Austria links with the NRN, Florian Herzog, Austrian Chamber of Agriculture
- Generational Renewal, Xavier Delmon, Walloon Rural Network
- EIP-Agri Operational Groups, Sergiu Didicescu, EIP-AGRI Service Point
- Speeding up Innovation, Inge Van Oost, DG AGRI
- Project Implementation, Maria Custódia Correia, Portuguese Rural Network
- Regionalised NRNs, Gaya Ducceschi, ENRD Contact Point
- Innovation Support, Edina Ocsko, ENRD Contact Point
- Supporting Cooperation in Hungary, Timea Reszketó, Hungarian Chamber of Agriculture
- Croatian Chamber of Agriculture, Tajana Radić, Croatian Chamber of Agriculture
- Summary, Michael Gregory and David Lamb, ENRD Contact Point
- Cork 2.0 Action Plan, Paul Soto, ENRD Contact Point
- Welcome to Finland, Juha-Matti Markkola, Finnish Rural Network